Obama’s War on Christians
The entire issue of the June 2013 Whistleblower Magazine is devoted to Obama’s war on Christians and briefly mentions Julio Severo. The cover story of this issue is “Obama’s War on Christians.”
(A must-read for people of all religions and political persuasions. The following article is just the tip of the iceberg of how American civil liberties are going right down the tube under the present administration.)
UNDER OBAMA, CHRISTIANS AND CONSERVATIVES ARE ‘EXTREMISTS’
Opponents of abortion, same-sex marriage, illegal immigration singled out as dangerous
By Bob Unruh
BARACK Obama had been in the Oval Office only a few weeks when his administration’s first overt attack on traditional values conservatives was unleashed — a highly controversial report from the Department of Homeland Security titled “Right-wing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment.”
Noting that many Americans were upset with the federal government for contributing to a major economic slump, the report pin-pointed those most likely to descend into radicalism and violence, even terrorism — namely, ”Groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration.”
That’s right — Not Islamic jihadists, but conservatives, patriots and Christians.
Proposed imposition of firearms restrictions and weapons bans likely would attract new members into the ranks of right-wing extremist groups as well as potentially spur some of them to begin planning and training for violence against the government the report warned. “The high volume of purchases and stockpiling of weapons and ammunition by right-wing extremists in anticipation of restrictions and bans in some parts of the country continue to be a primary concern to law enforcement.”
US War Veterans a major danger to us as far as Obama is concerned!
Among the most dangerous people, said the Homeland Security report, were those members of the United States military who had defended American interests in conflicts abroad and had recently returned home. “Returning veterans possess combat skills and experience that are attractive to right-wing extremists. DHS … is concerned that right-wing extremists will attempt to recruit and radicalize veterans in order to boost their violent capacities,” the report said.
It went on to accuse those objecting to Obama’s unprecedented federal spending free-for-all of being racist, and further warned that, ‘end times’ prophecies could motivate extremist individuals and groups to stockpile food, ammunition and weapons.”
Dated April 7, 2009, the document was made public only days after a similar report blasted out by the chief of the Missouri Highway Patrol, compiled with the help of Department of Home Security (DHS), linked conservative groups to domestic terrorism. Specifically, it warned about people who might have pro-life bumper stickers, or those expressing support for third-party political candidates.
It didn’t take long to see the results. Within a month of the report, authorities in Louisiana stopped a driver and detained him for having a “Don’t Tread on Me” bumper sticker on his vehicle. Officers warned him about the “subversive” message it conveyed. “Don’t Tread on Me” is a traditional American symbol from the Revolutionary War period. The situation developed in the small town of Ball, La., where a receptionist at the police department told Whistleblower she knew nothing about the traffic stop, during which the “suspect” was investigated for “extremist” activities, according to a relative.
As the American Vision blog reported: “‘Liberals’ and other leftists have been calling defenders of traditional American, limited constitutional government, free enterprise, and individual liberty extremists’ since at least the 1964 election. Small town police misled by phony left-wing ‘reports’ are bad enough. Federal government agencies and their armed agents under the direction of leftist radicals are exponentially worse.”
The original DHS report, issued under Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, resulted in at least one lawsuit. Richard Thompson, president and chief counsel of the Thomas More Law Center, said it was alarming that Napolitano never retracted the accusations or apologized to those identified in the report as possible terror dangers.
Thompson noted that the report also targeted as “potential terrorists” Americans who oppose abortion, same-sex marriage, restrictions on firearms, lax immigration laws and policies of President Obama regarding immigration, citizenship and the expansion of social programs, as well as those who oppose continuation of free trade agreements, are suspicious of foreign regimes, fear communist dictatorships and oppose a “one world” government.
It turns out the basis for the inflammatory DHS report was primarily online chat. According to data gleaned by Americans for Limited Government through a Freedom of Information Act request, one of the government report’s sources was “a frighteningly kooky website” that included a story about a scientist destroying a radio to God. Another suspect source was the Southern Poverty Law Center, an organization which later was itself tied to domestic terrorism (in an imaginative interpretation of the law).
Since then, the Obama administrations attacks on conservatives and Christians have just continued to grow.
Among the many developments:
* The U.S. Census Bureau banned from its list of “partners” those groups that oppose lax immigration standards
* A tea party member who was writing letters to his elected representatives in opposition to massive government spending under Obama’s leadership reported he was investigated as a terrorist by the Joint Terrorism Task Force of the FBI!
* Blogger Dennis Loo at Salon.com revealed that the Department of Defense taught in a seminar that “certain First Amendment-protected activity may amount to lower level terrorism.” The details were cited from an ACLU letter highlighting controversial DoD information disseminated in seminars. For example, DoD’s “Annual Level 1 Antiterrorism Awareness Training for 2009″ asked which was “an example of low-level terrorism?” The correct answer was “protests.”
* A lawsuit took issue with the Veterans Administration practice of placing any veteran seeking help with managing financial benefits and provisions designated for a disability on the nations registry of those not permitted to possess firearms.
* Shortly after Obama called for a “national civilian security force” that would be as big and well-funded as the U.S. military, a report from the Rand Corp. recommended using the U.S. Marshals Service to create a “Stability Police Force” inside the United States
* A Christian blogger who was forced to flee Brazil because of the conflict between that nations pro-homosexual “hate crimes” agenda and his advocacy for traditional marriage detected surveillance from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security on his site. Julio Severo’s, Last Days Watchman blog revealed it saw monitors from the DHS.gov location observing the site.
* A Colorado-based center that coordinated investigative efforts confirmed that federal agents distributed brochures to farm supply stores, gun shops and others warning that, “potential indicators” of terrorism included “paying with cash” or making “extreme religious statements.” Also buying “Meals Ready to Eat” or “night flashlights” made a person a suspect.
* In 2012, a congressional investigation revealed that the nations many anti-terrorism “fusion centers,” set up by the federal government to join local, state and federal investigations, probably have violated Americans’ privacy, issued reports that were outdated by the time they were released and wasted tax money by giving away SUVs.
* A West Point study released early this year, titled “Challenges from the Sidelines: Understanding America’s Violent Far-Right,” links pro-life leaders to terrorism. Author Arie Perliger wrote, “The anti-abortionists have been extremely productive during the last two decades, amassing 227 attacks, many of them perpetrated without the responsible perpetrators identified or caught.”
* The inspector general for the Department of Justice admitted in a report that the Civil Rights Division of one of the most powerful organizations in the federal government displayed a widespread hostility to protecting the civil rights of whites!
* Members of Congress this year were astonished that the U.S. Army Reserve would use a training brief that slams Catholics, evangelical Christians and others. The training seminar taught soldiers that evangelical Christians are an extremist threat to America along with groups such as the Muslim Brotherhood, the Ku Klux Klan and al-Qaida. The anti-Christian training seminar issue came to the attention of authorities when one Christian serviceman objected to the presentation.
Bob Unruh has been an editor for World Net Daily (WND) and Whistleblower since 2006, after working nearly three decades for the Associated Press and several Upper Midwest newspapers.
Portuguese version of this article: A Guerra de Obama Contra os Cristãos